The Martha Cook Building 1915. Source: Bentley Historical Library
The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women in 1915, a gift of William W. Cook in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. It was a significant emblem of the University’s commitment to attracting women, and was the first women’s dorm at Michigan. It celebrated its centennial in October, 2015.
University of Michigan Law School, Law school buildings, Martha Cook, Law schools, Law students