View across law quad to Hutchins Hall 1934. Source: A Book of the Law Quadrangle.
Cook wanted “the law school building” named after Harry Burns Hutchins, who had been Dean of the Law School from 1895-1910, and President of the University from 1910-1920. Hutchins was the person most responsible for Cook’s gift, first finding how successful Cook had been, and then nurturing what was often a difficult relationship for the next twenty years.
University of Michigan Law School, Lawyers Club, Law school buildings, Hutchins Hall, Law schools, Law students