Old Law Building 1910/1918. Source: Bentley Historical Library.
From 1863 until 1923 this building served as home to the Law School, although increasing enrollments throughout this time period necessitated two extensive remodelings. The first, in 1893, added more class and lecture rooms and a tower on the northwestern corner. The addition of a third year to the Law School curriculum in 1895 drastically impacted on the space occupied by the School and in 1898 the building was completely remodeled.
University of Michigan Law School, First Law Building, Law school buildings, Law schools