The following narrative outlines the role of donor William W. cook and the architects who built the Law Quadrangle 70 years ago. The report is excerpted and adapted from 94 Law Library Journal 395-425 (2002-26). The author is director of the University of Michigan Law School's Law Library.
Leary, Margaret A. "'A Time to Build' - William W. Cook and His Architects: Edward York and Philip Sawyer." Law Quad. Notes 45, no. 3 (2002): 8-9. (Excerpted and adapted from an article originally published under the title "Building a Foreign Law Collection at the University of Michigan Law Library, 1910-1960." Law Libr. J. 94, no. 3 (2002): 395-425.)