The following day, March 30, 1859, the motion to put the Committee's plan (to found the Law School of the University of Michigan) into operation was taken from the table and passed by the Board of Regents ... At their June meeting the Regents authorized the Law Committee to purchase up to $2000 worth of law books for the new department ... And to the long projected Law Department at last became a reality. From the humble seed planted in 1859, the present Law School was to grow. Ninety five years to the very month later, the tree which grew from that seed will feel the bud of a new branch. The eyes which have patiently watched that growth through the years will witness the birth of the latest addition to the Quadrangle. The Editors of this magazine did not realize at publication time a month ago, that Don Steiner's article would be so appropriate.
Fallon, John. "Extensive Addition to Library Planned." Res Gestae 4, no. 3 (1953): 3.